Holiness

Holiness

What does it mean to be holy?
Is it supreme happiness?
Is it an ability to help others?
Is it clairvoyance?
Is it wisdom?
Is it purity & unity of thought and action?
Is it an ability to influence?
What is holiness?

At Kee monastery, we met these wonderful monks. Most of them have spent their entire lives here. The one with halo hails from Kibber. He has been a monk here since he was a kid. He had such an infectious and ready smile, it was hard not to smile along. He was curious about us. His curiosity was ego less. He was down to earth and unassuming. 
The first time I saw the halo in the picture, I thought it couldn't be. Perhaps, its just a lens flair. Or is my doubt, stemming from my ego - that holiness must have accompanying grandeur. Flair or no flair, there is certainly something for me to learn here. Perhaps holiness exists in the rank of men and women - people like us. Its in their acceptance of themselves, that they find their holiness. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The anthem of the deluded

Why I repair my shoe

new pov