Body

I don’t quite understand the premium on nudity. It's as if we collectively want to relegate a part of us to fiction. Fantasy even. Fantasy I can understand. ;).

Of course, it's the strong possessiveness over each other’s body that has led to this. I do not understand if I should feel guilty when I feel that kind of possessiveness. It's unmistakable, it's undeniable, though the rational me wants to disown that feeling. In my utopia, that feeling won’t exist, relationships would be a step above such baser instincts. But you know, as well as I, that it's simply impossible. The very man-woman dynamics is governed by this strong feeling of possession, in some way or another. In the world we live in, where our senses and even body is projected and extended, this feeling reaches out with it's tentacles in different ways. See, how a couple tries to maneuver each other’s body when with friends, each with politics of his/her own. Hear, their lingering voices, trying to communicating something to others more than their partner. Drawing the territory of their space through it.

But it's unfortunate the side effect of the ensuing jealousy and insecurity is channeled in breaking our body into parts with different desirability quotient. It's as if, our body is not a continuum but a juxtaposed ensemble. Funny, that the feeling of possessiveness never sees body thus, it's a whole when one desires it. Only when we act upon that feeling, do we start deconstructing the body.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The anthem of the deluded

Why I repair my shoe

new pov