Form

June 13, 2008 2321 hrs

Form. Shouldn’t there be a congruity between the form and the purpose or the message of an entity? Well, I was listening to a jazz music piece, when I looked towards my old inadequate synthesizer for I wanted to play some music. Then I realized the potential of the machine I was listening the song on. My laptop. Surely this demure machine can do a lot. It can create music with the right software, and with that thought I visualized my laptop turning into a turntable. And with that thought, I realized maybe if the machine had the form of a turn table or a music station, I would have been more disposed to try my hand at it. There is an inertia to work at my laptop for purposes that I deem could be better accomplished using some other tool. But this leads to inaction. Maybe, if the laptop’s form could have been flexible as well, then it would truly become a multifaceted machine.

During my engineering days, I had presented a paper on Binary Robotics, which used shape change alloys.. maybe something along those lines could be used to bring the next revolution in product design.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The anthem of the deluded

Why I repair my shoe

new pov