unreal death

What if the dead never disappear. The uncertainty of their presence due to their absence (due to disposal of the body - natural reasons/cremation/intering etc), now absent. Would we accept death more readily?
What I mean here is, because the dead body is disposed of, the absence creates a certain uncertainty and thereby fear. If the dead survive after death in some way, the uncertainty now removed, would the notion of death be just as alerting and fear inducing?

A few years back, when one of my friends died in an accident, the notion that he is not there any more was very difficult to fathom. He wasn't a very close friend, so we only met occasionally, randomly. So, with his death there was no notional rupture of our possibly meet in future. We used to meet randomly, and as such it was hard for me to understand that he might not meet me just as randomly now, ever.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The anthem of the deluded

Why I repair my shoe

new pov