Beware Matrix Cellular users

Matrix Cellular is quite possibly inflating your bills when you use their cards while traveling abroad.

I traveled to Germany last September. During this time I used Matrix's O2 card.
I was keenly aware of my usage, penny pincher that I am. So I was very surprised to see an inflated bill when I returned home, my credit card being charged already.

I requested a bill. I was puzzled with the fact that the sums added up to the amount being charged. However, I had kept a tab on my usage and had an estimate in mind of my bill.

On closer inspection, it turned out, that the anomaly is not in summation or in call rates.
Instead, MATRIX HAD SYSTEMATICALLY INFLATED THE DURATION OF CALLS. Here's a snapshot of my bill. The number in red boxes is the duration of call as per my phone records.






Matrix has agreed to my claims and now reduced the bill to account for inflated charges. (I had shared with them snapshots of my cell phone with call record.)  (its another 3 month long story of getting their customer service to actually work though.)

However, the important point here is, who else has experienced this? Please share your experience if you have suffered similar inflation of bill. Was my instance an aberration, or is this a systematic fraud?

Please share. Current Matrix users, please check your bill and check for inflated duration of calls and share with us if there is discrepancy. Future, Matrix users, don't be.

Comments

I've heard pretty bad things about Matrix. Best avoided, I think. Get a local SIM and get data on it, and free voice through Skype / some such.
Ajinkya said…
yes yes.. i did that for the first 2 travels. god knows why i chose matrix the last time.
the point of this post though is to find out if there is a systematic fraud happening with Matrix.

Popular posts from this blog

The anthem of the deluded

Why I repair my shoe

new pov